- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Grief and Loss
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Improve Relationships
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Therapy for Children & Teens
- Eating Disorders
- Pain Management / Coping with Major Illness
- Support for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Queer, Transgendered Issues
- Individual therapy (sometimes called “psychotherapy” or “counseling”) is a process through which clients work one-on-one with a trained therapist.
We are skilled at offering individual therapy using a variety of treatment modalities, from affirmative, narrative approaches to more structured interventions using a DBT (Dialectical Behavioural) framework. Our approach is tailored to your unique needs.
Couples TherapyResearch shows that to make a relationship last, couples must become better friends, learn to manage conflict, and create ways to support each other’s hopes for the future.
Combining the knowledge and wisdom of nearly forty years of studies and clinical practice, Gottman Method Couples Therapy helps couples break through barriers to achieve greater understanding, connection and intimacy in their relationships. Through research-based interventions and exercises, it is a structured, goal-oriented, scientifically-based therapy. Intervention strategies are based upon empirical data from Dr. Gottman’s study of more than 3,000 couples. This research shows what actually works to help couples achieve a long-term healthy relationship. Gottman Method Couples Therapy was developed out of this research to help partners:
• Increase respect, affection, and closeness
• Break through and resolve conflict when they feel stuck
• Generate greater understanding between partners
• Keep conflict discussions calm
Group therapyThe Wise In Mind DBT Skills Training Group is focused on enhancing clients' capabilitiesby teaching them behavioural skills.
The group is run like a class where the group leader teaches the skills and assigns homework for clients to practice using the skills in their everyday lives.What is DBT?
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is a cognitive behavioural treatment that was originally developed to treat highly distressed individuals. Research has shown that it is also effective in treating a wide range of other disorders such as substance dependence, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and eating disorders.